Electronic Devices and Circuits Important Questions
EDC Important Questions External Exams
1.Draw the circuit diagram and explain the working of full wave bridge rectifier and derive the expression for average output current and rectification efficiency.
2.With a neat diagram explain the working of a PN junction diode in forward bias and reverse bias and show the effect of temperature on its V-I characteristics.
3.Explain V-I characteristics of Zener diode
4.Derive the diode equation of the diode
5.Explain Zener diode and it’s breakdown mechanism?
1. Sketch neatly the circuit diagram of a CE configuration transistor, discuss its operation, characteristics and compare it with other modes of operation.
2. Derive the hybrid model of a CE Amplifier.
3. What are Power Transistors?
4. Describe the methods of determining h-parameters from its static input and output characteristics.
5. Derive the equation for efficiency of a Class B amplifier
1. Discuss in detail the working and operation of JFET and explain the I/O characteristics
2. Explain the operation and Characteristics of Enhancement mode MOSFET & Depletion mode MOSFET
3. Explain how the transconductance of a JFET varies with drain current and gate voltage characteristics and transfer characteristics
4. In a JFET the following parameters are given, IDDS = 32Ma, VG(off) = -8V and VGS = 4.5 V. Find The values of drain current.
5.Explain the application of FET as a voltage variable resistor
1. Draw the block diagram of a voltage series feedback amplifier and derive the equation for input impedance, output impedance and the voltage gain.
2. Differentiate oscillator with amplifier
3. Draw the circuit of a Hartley oscillator and derive the condition for the frequency of oscillation.
4. Explain the working of a differential amplifier in both common and differential mode.
5. Explain the operation of any one type of oscillator in detail and give its equation.
1. Draw the circuit diagram of a collector coupled astable multivibrator using complementary transistors and draw the typical wave form at base and collector coupled astable multivibrator.
2. Explain the working and operation of a Schmitt trigger with a neat diagram.
3. Explain the working and operation of a UJT saw tooth oscillator with a neat diagram.
4. Explain the working and operation of a Monostable MV with a neat diagram.
5. Explain the operation of a Bistable MV with a neat sketch.