PRINCIPLES OF PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES JNTU previous years question papers
1. (a) Give an example of two language design criteria that are in direct conflict with each other.
(b) How is a language implementation system interfaced to the processor?
(c) Is goto a good programming language construct. How does it affect readability? [4+6+6]
2. What are different methods for semantic description? Explain with examples. 
3. (a) What are the advantages of user-defined data types?
(b) Discuss in detail the primary design issues for names.
(c) Write short notes on integer and floating point numbers in programming languages. What are the problems associated with storing floating point numbers in binary? [4+6+6]
4. (a) How does C support relational and Boolean expressions?
(b) Explain with example how operand-evaluation order interacts with functional side effects.
(c) Discuss in detail overloaded operators. [4+4+8]
5. (a) Distinguish between pass-by-value and pass-by reference.
(b) Explain the characteristics of sub program. [8+8]
6. Discuss how producer-consumer problem and Dining philosophers problem are solved using concurrency in ADA. 
7. Explain the following terms:
(a) Clausal form
(c) Fact statements [5+5+6]
8. (a) Explain main features of imperative languages.
(b) Write a LISP function fib(n) that computes nth Fibonacci number.