Power System Operation and Control Important Questions For Final Exams
Sub. Code/Sub. Name : EE2401 Power System Operation and Control
Department : EEE IV YEAR
1. Explain the overview of power system control using neat block diagram.
2. A generator station supplies the following loads connected to it:
Domestic lighting load 5MW
Domestic power load 8MW
Commercial load 12MW
The maximum demand on the station is 92MW.Calculate the load factor and diversity factor if the total numbers of units generated in a year are 3×108
3. A power station has to meet the following demand:
Group A: 200 KW between 8 A.M to 6 P.M
Group B: 100 KW between 6 A.M to 10 A.M
Group C: 50 KW between 6 A.M to 10 A.M
Group D: 100KW between 10 A.M and 6P.M and
then between 6 P.M and 6 A.M.
Plot the daily load curve and determine (a) diversity factor (b) units generated per day (c) load factor
1. Explain the static and dynamic response of single area system.
2. What are the components of speed governor system of an alternator? Derive its transfer function with an aid of a block diagram.
3. Develop the block diagram model of a two area LFC system and obtain its static response.
1. Explain static and dynamic analysis of AVR and explain stability compensation.
2. With neat sketch explain the block diagram model of exciter system
3. Discuss in detail about the generation and absorption of reactive power
1. The fuel cost functions of the three thermal plants are given by
F1= 0.004 Pg12+5.3Pg1+500$/hr.
Where Pg1, Pg2, Pg3 are in MW. Find the optimum scheduling and the total cost per hour for a total load of 925 MW with the following generator units
100MW≤ Pg1≤ 450MW
100MW≤ Pg2≤ 350MW
100MW≤ Pg3≤ 225MW
2. What is unit commitment problem? Discuss its constraints
3. State the unit commitment problem. With the help of a flowchart explain forward dynamic programming solution method of unit commitment problem.
1. Draw the power system state transition diagram and explain the various states of the system and control actions to be taken to make the system secure.
2. With a neat block diagram explain the SCADA hardware configuration.
3. Draw the power system state transition diagram and explain the various states of the system and control actions to be taken to make the system secure.