SWITCHING THEORY & LOGIC DESIGN
1. A group of four bits is known as nibble.
2. The number system with radix 2 is known as binary.
3. The base or radix a Hexadecimal number system is 16.
4. A half-adder can be constructed using 2 two input logic gates one of them is AND gate the other is OR gate.
5. Hamming code is the most efficient method for detecting and correcting codes.
6. 3 to 8 decoder is the size of the decoder required to implement 3 Variable Boolean Function.
7. Gray code is used in k-map to represent the data.
8. Sequential PLD, Complex PLD, FPGA are the 3 types of sequential programmable devices.
9. JQ~+K~Q is the characteristic equation for JK F-F.
10. Write about latches?
Ans: The most basic types of F-Fs operate with signal levels and are referred to as latches.
11. Define F-F s?
Ans: The storage elements used in clocked sequential circuits are called flip-flops.
12. What is the principle of duality?
Ans: Any theorem or Identity in switching algebra remains true if 0 and 1 are swapped and are swapped throughout.
13. What is the difference between mealy model and Moore model?
Ans: In the Malay model, the output is a function of both the present state and input. In the Moore model, the output is a function of the present state only.
14. 74 X 283 is a 4 bit binary adder.
15. 74 X 138 has 3 enable inputs.